C4 Forums | Control4

Help with in-ceiling speaker placement

I am starting to finish out a large basement (drawing attached). I would like to add music only, in-ceiling speakers in the workout area and in the large area covering the ping-pong table, kitchen, tv area, pool table and card table. All of these later areas are open to each other with no dividing walls. Any suggestions on where to place these in-ceiling music speakers it would be helpful. I just don't have any idea where these should be laid out. The main purpose is just backgorund music during entertaining or when my kids have friends over and are just hanging out.

Thanks

Since your req. is merely BG noise, placement is of lesser concern other than where you can conveniently snake wire into. R-L separation is achieved within a very broad separation window but just to answer your Q, maybe consider a diagonal pattern. One rec. from me (but not many others on this forum apparently) is to incorp. L-Pads if you choose to cover multiple adjacent areas within the same amp zone. This will obviously allow you to balance the sound across the sub-zones.

Not sure what you mean by "music only". Control4 allows you to pipe any system avail. audio to any zone. Do you not have a C4 amp/audio matrix??

Archived