C4 Forums | Control4

DSC Alarm system with IT100 - won't accept keypad signals

I have had a DSC alarm system incorporated within my C4 system for 3 years. All of a sudden my internet provider screwed up my account, killed my network for 3 days, and then once I had everything back up again the alarm panel will no longer accept key presses (numbers or "Stay" "Away" commands) from the C4 interface. I have several triggers setup in C4 off of the various alarm panel zones (door entry announcements, etc.) and those all work without any issues...I just can't arm OR disarm the alarm from any C4 interface. Can someone please help?

is there a trouble light on your alarm keypad?

can you arm and disarm from your security keypd?

No trouble lights at all. and alarm keypad works 100% as it should. Its just not receiving any of the key presses sent from the C4 side (although the C4 side is still reading the triggers that are set up for the alarm system i.e. doors opening, closing, etc.).

Strange. I went through a stint with the dreaded HC1000/300 set-up whereby if those two were rebooted, the IT-100 also needed a PC. But, during that fault, nothing was passing from the interface to the 1000. You have something...

What exactly is showing in the three top boxes of the C4 virtual KP?

They are all blank. When you type on the virtual keypad, the **** show up as you are typing, but they aren't passing those "presses" to the actual keypad or brain.

Right (doubt OP hasn't done this though), initialize everything incl. the IT then backtrack from there. What is the connection between your internet and what you are experiencing? In other word, what did you do while the internet was down?

Tried this today...disconnected the battery on the alarm and then the power. Power cycled through the alarm and then the HC1000, still no mas.

I don't understand the connection to the internet either, except this was the specific event that led to the DSC to stop responding to commands from C4 (TWC had cut my modem off temporarily via forcing Double NAT, yet when they restored it, the DSC was still unresponsive???).

^^0.5Hz flash means communication back & forth. It doesn't sound like a problem with the alarm panel or the interface if you are seeing this (steady and blink are antonyms).

^If during the fit of not having internet, did you ever execute a project reload onto the director? If no, then probably forget about R&Ring the IT100 driver.

Here's what I'm now thinking- Go in and check the SERIAL DEBUG box and start entering-in commands and checking the response. You entering a numeral command should cause the right side of the semi-circle to go green. Are you seeing this kind of action?

I have not reloaded the project at all, so not likely the IT100 driver, although at this point, not sure what else to try. I have already worked with the serial debug box, I get the right half semi-circle green, but it still does not respond to any of the commands.

Or just open a door or window, or walk in front if a motion

That is the strange thing about this whole thing, all of the zone connections work just fine (I have announcements triggered off of the zones i.e. door open / close; and those have always worked).

try unplugging your it-100 for about an hour from your controller then plug it back in........ive done this at my house with success until i got the dsc enhanced driver from EV (Cinegration), after which i have yet to have a problem in about a year

Archived