C4 Forums | Control4

C4 and Irrigation Caddy App Help

My dealer just upgraded the system to 2.5.

I had him download the irrigation caddy driver but does not seem to show on the C4 GUI.

When I go to the 4 Store it says I have the irrigation Caddy App, but it does not show up with the rest of the apps i downloaded from the 4 store.

At some point it says it is not compatible .

Can anybody help? may be step by step how you were able to integrate it with your system.

I would appreciate this help.

Use the irrigation caddy ios or andriod app. The C4 app when released had issues with the required c4 driver - it couldn;t find it on your system even if it was installed. The author of the C4 app and driver fixed it maybe a month ago - they may have broken it again. In any case, the C4 app provides little value in terms of functionality, it just let's you fire a single zone. And the driver provides little to no composer programming value. When I did finally get it working my system started exhibiting some performance issues so I removed the app and driver.

Stick with what works. The IC in and of itself with no C4 integration is the best value irrigation controller I have found to date.

Use the irrigation caddy ios or andriod app. The C4 app when released had issues with the required c4 driver - it couldn;t find it on your system even if it was installed. The author of the C4 app and driver fixed it maybe a month ago - they may have broken it again. In any case, the C4 app provides little value in terms of functionality, it just let's you fire a single zone. And the driver provides little to no composer programming value. When I did finally get it working my system started exhibiting some performance issues so I removed the app and driver.

Stick with what works. The IC in and of itself with no C4 integration is the best value irrigation controller I have found to date.

Thanks a lot for your input. I spoke to the IC Tech support many time and was told that they will be issuing a new driver with the full functionality of the IC in the coming months for C4. However there was no issue date on the driver/ app.

I guess it is still in the works.

Archived