C4 Forums | Control4

Fed up with My Dallas Installer

meyerder

Team..

Who is up for some new business. I was looking to upgrade from the two HC300's I have as one of them died (Power supply) I have now left three messages with the initial installer with no callbacks. Most things in my house are DEAD and dont work now because of it. The HC 300 is still even under the warrenty.

So with that being said I have a project that I would like to get rid of the two HC300's and upgrade to the HC800. To do this some items need to be moved to IP control vs IR

Additional programing

Upgrade the (2) Dennon 4311 to IP control

Upgrade Binary Matrix to IP control (B-300)

2 Dishnetwork Receivers to IP control (VIP 211k Units) - Not sure if they are able to be done

Configure Yale locks to send txt messages when codes are entered

Remove all RGB cables/splitters as I would like to use the HDMI only

Install additional air flow (through the wall) for the media rack

General programing "cleanup" as most things have not been touched in two years..

Evaluate:

Currently have three HTPC units (Two extenders and one "server") I would like to see if it may be worth it to get rid of the two extenders and beef up the server (Extra video cards/sound cards) to drive the other rooms.

Remove the Rack mounted UPS unit (Move to a floor mounted unit as the Rack has gotten VERY full)

If you have suggestions on people to use please let me know. I will be doing ref checks.

Thanks

Team..

Who is up for some new business. I was looking to upgrade from the two HC300's I have as one of them died (Power supply) I have now left three messages with the initial installer with no callbacks. Most things in my house are DEAD and dont work now because of it. The HC 300 is still even under the warrenty.

So with that being said I have a project that I would like to get rid of the two HC300's and upgrade to the HC800. To do this some items need to be moved to IP control vs IR

Additional programing

Upgrade the (2) Dennon 4311 to IP control

Upgrade Binary Matrix to IP control (B-300)

2 Dishnetwork Receivers to IP control (VIP 211k Units) - Not sure if they are able to be done

Configure Yale locks to send txt messages when codes are entered

Remove all RGB cables/splitters as I would like to use the HDMI only

Install additional air flow (through the wall) for the media rack

General programing "cleanup" as most things have not been touched in two years..

Evaluate:

Currently have three HTPC units (Two extenders and one "server") I would like to see if it may be worth it to get rid of the two extenders and beef up the server (Extra video cards/sound cards) to drive the other rooms.

Remove the Rack mounted UPS unit (Move to a floor mounted unit as the Rack has gotten VERY full)

If you have suggestions on people to use please let me know. I will be doing ref checks.

Thanks

Dish network can't be done via IP, yet...

To configure Yale locks to send text (or email) you will need either a 4sight sub or an SMTP driver (and server)

removing rgb / component and use HDMI, might require a matrix switch of some sort, depending on configuration.

This is a pretty large project, going to need programming assistance, low voltage wiring, power (for fans and such) drywall, painting, etc.

Realistically, it will take multiple days and multiple people to complete.

Hope that helps, wish I knew someone in Dallas area to help. Codeman is great, but I thought he "retired"...

Thanks

Dish network can't be done via IP, yet...

To configure Yale locks to send text (or email) you will need either a 4sight sub or an SMTP driver (and server)

removing rgb / component and use HDMI, might require a matrix switch of some sort, depending on configuration.

This is a pretty large project, going to need programming assistance, low voltage wiring, power (for fans and such) drywall, painting, etc.

Realistically, it will take multiple days and multiple people to complete.

Hope that helps, wish I knew someone in Dallas area to help. Codeman is great, but I thought he "retired"...

Understood... I think I may have made it sound harder than it is.. Most is just programming (I already have a HDMI switch setup and programed) Power is right next to where the vent will be. The Locks will be a extra Vegs driver. (End user can not do) Upgrade to the HC800 I as a home user can not do, Upgrade the two 4311's I as a home user cant do (IP Drivers) Dish network units- I was unsure if they were able to do IP drivers thank you for telling me :). Upgrade the Binary 4*4 Matrix to Serial control vs IR (Again I cant do as a End user and is in Extra Vegs)

I will be looking up codeman Thank you (I will take more names if anyone has them)

Thanks

Interestingly I'll be back in the industry full time at the beginning of September, though not full time with Control4.

Thanks for the kudos, all.

• 1 month later...

Archived