C4 Forums | Control4

SR250 custom buttons -- program them using ComposerHE?

jd318guy

We had our system upgraded earlier this year and have a new SR250B remote control. Either the installer did not complete the installation, or there is something I do not understand. When I look at the device in the monitoring view, I do not see a mac address or firmware version. In the programing view, I see only 6 variables: BATTERY_LEVEL, DISPLAY_BACKLIGHT_LEVEL, KEY_BACKLIGHT_LEVEL, WAKE_ON_MOTION, AWAKE_TIME, and RECHARGE_STATION_ENABLE. In this document, found using Google, http://www.control4.com/files/products/software/SystemRemoteControl250-SetupGuide.pdf, there are instructions which lead me to believe my installer did not completely register the remote control with my HC500 controller.

Does that appear to be the case?

Also, even if registered correctly, are the custom buttons something I can program using ComposerHE?

Thanks in advance,

-JD318Guy

If it's working it's installed right.

Yes you can program the color buttons from HE, but you program these on a room level, never on the remote as such. Go to the room, commands and find the color codes.

The only thing you cannot do the easy way with HE is binding color buttons to specific commands (usually the sometimes used color buttons....) per device. You can still do it but now need to use IF statements for each source, for each room.

Archived