C4 Forums | Control4

Whole house intercom event

shareez

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone has run into a specific event where the whole house intercom is activated so that I can program with it?

I have many more audio zones than I do C4 touchpanels. So if I'm in the garage where I have speakers but no c4 touchpanel, i'd like to trigger an announcement in those rooms saying that there's a house announcement going on. I feel like it will be a lot of work to go through each C4 touch panel and program this announcement for when there is a session started or an incoming call.

any solutions?

Shareez –

I was in a similar situation in my house, so I programmed from the panel inside programming and device action “when session has started” – to execute an announcement in my garage. I also have a keypad in those areas to stop and start different intercom events, all of which can be found when clicking on the intercom supported touch screen inside programming. Do not click on the intercom agent as there are no specific programming events.

I hope this helps.

Matt

^So what you are saying is if there is an active call on some panel, then fire an announcement somewhere else? If so, wouldn't you still need to ID all panels that could be used to make a call in that same code? I still don't see a "broadcast" option to select to make this a one-liner operation.

The events or actions are based on the current state of a particular panel, as mentioned above, there are not any specific events directly tied into the intercom agent, like broadcasts.

If that panel is in a session with a particular event, or broadcast, you can tie the current session programming into the triggered announcement. For Example: When session started on my 7" portable > executed xxx announcement.

Archived