C4 Forums | Control4

Need help to program Rain8net+

lucky121601

I'm not sure what detail you're looking for but here's how I programmed my Rain8 units.

1. Click on the "Agents" menu on the left and then "Scheduler".
  2. Create a new schedule as needed.
  3. Move to "Programming" and "Scheduler".
  4. Click on the "Scheduler Event" that you created.
  5. From the "Actions" menu on the right side, select the sprinklers that you want to turn on and off and drag both the "on" and "off" "Actions" to the center "Script" menu.
  6. After you've added the on and off Actions, click on "Programming Control" and add the amount of time you want the sprinklers to run (mine run for 2 minutes) and I've also added a 10 second delay between the different sprinklers to give the previous sprinkler time to shut off.

Here's a screen shot of what mine looks like.

post-130016-0-42196500-1384302328_thumb.

5 and 6 don't have to be done in any particular order.  Hope this helps.

Thank you very much sweeper154. this would be very helpfull, but I'm not there yet.  I am at the stage when added the "Sprinker System" and connected to the Rain8 module zone(s). When I double clicked on these relays and click on the toggle button and it is not watering. Is there something wrong with my connection at the rain8 unit ?

the green light is on at the unit and I guessed this is normal . I double checked my rain8net connection in the project tree to the correct serial port #1. 

Thank you very much if you can help me figure out what went wrong here

I'm not sure how the Rain8 gets added to the project as my dealer handled that.  My guess is that if the Rain8 lights are coming on for the individual zones and the water doesn't turn on, it's probably an issue with the connection to the valve.  I have the Rain8netPro units that have the buttons on the controller to allow me to turn the zones on and off without any interaction with Control4.  Outside of Control4, the Rain8 unit should be able to simply turn the water on and off.  If that's not happening, I'd check that wiring from the Rain8 to the valve.

FWIW, I had that Rain8net+ and replaced them so that I would have buttons on the controller for the purposes of troubleshooting in case of a connectivity issue to my C4 controllers.  The customer service at WGL was great and they had no problem with the replacement.  

Good luck.

Archived