C4 Forums | Control4

Emailing the value of device variables.

phileaton

Recluse AV has one (i wrote it back when i worked there).

http://www.c4forums.com/topic/10267-driver-news-smtp-email-driver/?hl=%2Brecluse+%2Bsmtp

Allows for variable insertion, HTML, web attachments and SSL.  Alot of dealers on this board offer remote programming so they could probably purchase the licence and install for you.

I haven't used SNMP previously, but it seems to be working for my needs. Just curious if anyone has a suggestion for a good monitoring program. I found SnmpB, which is ok, but curious if there is something better.

Alan, from what I have seen the Recluse driver can only send string variables, but I need to send numerical variables. Do you know if this has changed?

I haven't used SNMP previously, but it seems to be working for my needs. Just curious if anyone has a suggestion for a good monitoring program. I found SnmpB, which is ok, but curious if there is something better.

Alan, from what I have seen the Recluse driver can only send string variables, but I need to send numerical variables. Do you know if this has changed?

The Recluse AV driver has always supported ALL variables.  You can only use string variables if you use the PARAMX drop down boxes.  If you want to use other variables you have to find the variables and insert it in the format of PARAM{x,y} where x is the DEVICEID and y is the VARIABLEID.  Please read the installation guide for usage instructions.  This syntax is universal across all the Recluse drivers that utilise variables.

The Recluse AV driver has always supported ALL variables.  You can only use string variables if you use the PARAMX drop down boxes.  If you want to use other variables you have to find the variables and insert it in the format of PARAM{x,y} where x is the DEVICEID and y is the VARIABLEID.  Please read the installation guide for usage instructions.  This syntax is universal across all the Recluse drivers that utilise variables.

I have seen the driver, but I don't own it. I will look into it further. Thanks for the insight. 

I have seen the driver, but I don't own it. I will look into it further. Thanks for the insight.

My SMTP driver supports variables either by using the SendMail command which just uses the standard C4 email notification agent or using the QuickMail command which translates variables in the format ${DeviceId::VariableId}

Have fixed some issues with connecting to some mail providers, will update soon.

Did you get working on your HC-500? I have tested ok on an HC-300.

Thanks

David

My SMTP driver supports variables either by using the SendMail command which just uses the standard C4 email notification agent or using the QuickMail command which translates variables in the format ${DeviceId::VariableId}

Have fixed some issues with connecting to some mail providers, will update soon.

Did you get working on your HC-500? I have tested ok on an HC-300.

Thanks

David

David, 

I downloaded the new version and it seems to be working now. Sorry I didn't get around to that earlier. Great job. 

Archived