C4 Forums | Control4

IP control for BDP CX 7000ES

WB1

I changed my router and now i can no longer control my blu ray changer.  Any help would be appreciated.  I'm aware you have to create a static IP address.  Basically I don't know how to do this.  Also how do you identify IP controlled devices in composer.  Usinig composer 2.4

Look at your old routers DHCP reservation table.  Note the MAC addresses and the IP addresses they are reserved to.

Find the new Router DHCP reservation table option and replicate the data into that reservation table.

Powercycle everthing.  Router first and the blue ray etc will look for the router and get a new IP allocated to it.

sorry ive been gone for a few days i had to work.  I've put the IP address into composer and set it statically on the player.  192.168.001.002    

Ironically i had erased the previous IP that was in composer trying to fix the situation on my own.  Getting into the DHCP reservation table of the router is something i'm not very familiar with doing.  Should be easy I'm sure.  The router is a verizon 4G LTE.  not sure of the model number but its the only one they make. 

I've found a section in the router called port forwarding.  I imagine this is where the DHCP reservation table is located?  Unsure.  Also thanks for everyones assistance

Archived