C4 Forums | Control4

HC250 Making a new connection to NAS every minute

Hi everyone,

I got my Control4 system about a month ago. Everything is working as required. I use it mainly for playing music off my NAS on the speakers around the house.

I have noticed from the Synology NAS log that the Controller is making a new connection to the Media Folder where I kept my Music file once every minute even when I am NOT using system. This is not normal as I have other PCs which access the files on NAS as well and they don't need to make a new connection every minute nor do they need to reconnect every time the files are accessed. Instead, on my PCs, the connection is made once and then it stays open until I shutdown the system. 

I have reached out to my dealer but so far we have no luck. In there some settings some where that is causing this? This is a bit of a problem for me as the frequent connections is preventing my NAS from going to hibernation mode to reduce energy consumption.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

-SmokerK

post-135000-0-01129000-1394637286_thumb.

Do you have automatic media scanning turned on, or are you using the Photo Screensaver?

If you're using the Photo Screensaver, it may be changing pictures once a minute.  If you have automatic media scan turned on, it could be connecting to try and see if any changes have been made to your media folders.

These are both just a guess, so take it for what it's worth, but that's a couple of things to check.

RyanE

Archived