C4 Forums | Control4

Kanexpro, Intelix or Shinybow hdbaset matrix?

Hi All, im looking for affordable and control4 compatible matrix. Im looking those options above.

i got a price range between 2000$ and 3500$

I prefer to have a 8x8 cause i have about 8 source. But im willing to take a chance to use a switch over the hdbaset matrix so i can have more inputs.

I also saw at a local dealer at Miami the SnapAv but i think it was too expensive for a 4x4 .

I need a matrix that has a fast switch, non blanking screen while switching , good edid and dhcp management. 

I was looking for prices at KVMswitch, HDTVSUpply and BHPhoto. 

It is interesting to have ip control too, so kanexpro and intelix have then. So which matrix will be better so i can have less problem.

To day i use the terrible monoprice  8151. I want to trow it at the sea, 

Any help and consideration would be great.

Thank you

I have been using the Shinybow, 8x8 5688lcm, with their driver that I modified. I modified the driver to prevent the sleep command, which will cause the unit to lock up when it goes to wake back up, because the processor gets flooded with commands. Since the driver was modified, I have it running in 3 projects, without issue. We are using either hd-base t extenders or direct hdmi cables (some with redmere). To the displays. Switching speeds are 1-3 seconds. I consider these a bump in my roadmap, as the actual solution will be video storms netplay! If your interested in my help, send me a p.m..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None of the other Tv's in the home are affected when a different room switches sources, yes I have seen this issue, the only other switches I have used are episode and atlona, as I have been avoiding hdmi matrices like the plague.... But we are now forced down this avenue. The good news is that the netvideo product by videostorm is on good working order now, I am setting up my showroom now.. This is what you should use, but it will cost more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I decide to get the Binary brand!!!! It seens that have more reviews on it and i got good considerations about then.

It's a great switch... And a great value. You'll really enjoy it.

Sent from my Droid MAXX via Tapatalk.

I decide to get the Binary brand!!!! It seens that have more reviews on it and i got good considerations about then. 

If you haven't purchased it yet, check out the Atlona matrix.  I know you were looking for the 8x8, but I'm using the AT-PROHD66M (I think that's the right number) and love it.  Choice of IR, IP or Serial drivers.

I would not use or promote any of those brands. But then again I like systems that work consistently....

I agree that I like systems that work consistantly, I was actually surprised that the shinybow does! But it is true, and it is running in multiple projects... Including my own home. So I am uncertain if you where "knocking" my post, but I build reliable systems!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived