C4 Forums | Control4

Android phones not displaying camera video

Since the c4 update on April 17,2014 my android phone and other droid phones do not display the camera feeds. Only the blue icon cameras come up with no video. I have a Samsung Note 2 phone. Any ideas?

Since the c4 update on April 17,2014 my android phone and other droid phones do not display the camera feeds. Only the blue icon cameras come up with no video. I have a Samsung Note 2 phone. Any ideas?

Is your android app up-to-date?  How about your C4 version - was it updated to v2.5.3?  If so, do you know if your dealer updated your camera drivers?  All in all, this should all most likely not be required (will defer to any dealers to chime in here), but for the latest and greatest, I'd recommend you have your dealer make sure the following is done:

1) C4 system on 2.5.3

2) Camera drivers updated to use the new camera proxy (most of the brands now have a supported driver for the new proxy)

3) Make sure your Android app is up-to-date

Is your android app up-to-date?  How about your C4 version - was it updated to v2.5.3?  If so, do you know if your dealer updated your camera drivers?  All in all, this should all most likely not be required (will defer to any dealers to chime in here), but for the latest and greatest, I'd recommend you have your dealer make sure the following is done:

1) C4 system on 2.5.3

2) Camera drivers updated to use the new camera proxy (most of the brands now have a supported driver for the new proxy)

3) Make sure your Android app is up-to-date

Hi

My dealer checked and everything is up to date. The odd thing is that in my house and on WiFi the cameras work great and are seen on my Samsung Note 2 phone but when I use 4G or 3G to get remote access the camera feeds don't appear on my phone. I only see the blue icon cameras. Iphones on the other hand do get remote access but are very slow to load.

Any other suggestions? Thanks

Archived