C4 Forums | Control4

16 Channel Audio Matrix Source Leveling after 2.5.3

I recently upgraded to 2.5.3, which includes a firmware update for the 16 Channel Audio Matrix I have. Prior to the update I had gone through and setup source leveling, so that each source would play at the same volume. All was working as expected. Now, after the update, it would appear that the matrix "forgets" the source leveling at certain times.

If I leave all the source levels at 0dB, everything works as expected (though the various sources play at different relative volumes).

With source leveling setup, a source will play at the correct (leveled) volume the first time the source is selected after not being selected in any room. If it is selected again, say, by another room also selecting it as a source, then the leveling is "forgotten" and the volume in all rooms listening to that source becomes as if the source leveling was set to 0. I can also reproduce this by selecting mute, then un-selecting mute, and the when un-muted, the source leveling will be back to 0.

I have done a reset through the button in the Composer settings. It did seem to reset the unit, as all the settings went back to default, but when I went through and setup leveling again the same problem came back.

Has anyone else seen this? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks.

I have a Control4 8-channel amp (C4-AMP108) after the matrix. The zone endpoints for the rooms are assigned to the amp with the "fake" driver from Control4 for the amp. The outputs from the matrix are assigned to the inputs of the amp in Composer.

I just performed a factory reset on the audio matrix, and let it upgrade the firmware again, but the same symptoms persist.

Does anyone have a C4-16ZAMS-V3-B, with the latest firmware (03.22.17) that isn't experiencing the same issue as me?

• 3 months later...

Were you able to fix the problem? Was it a hardware or software fix?

Didn't fix it yet.  I advised my dealer of the situation.  Not sure if they were aware of the issue.

Basically, everything reverts back to "0" for the volume at every zone when turned off / turned on or added to a current listening/music source.  Once the zone is added or turned on and a music source is selected, you have to manually turn up the volume from "0" all the time.

Archived