C4 Forums | Control4

Resetting programming on thermostat

Hello:

My dealer updated my system to Composer 2.5.3 yesterday, and my damn thermostats are out of whack.  Essentially, even though I set the thermostat to HOLD and set the temperature, it does not in fact hold and resets itself a few hours later.  I do not have it set to HOLD 2 HRS.  I have it set to HOLD.

The issue is that I live in the South.  When we go to bed, the HVAC is pumping out 73 degrees of cold air.  By the middle of the night, there is no AC running, and it is 80+ degrees in our house.

Any suggestions on how to reset the thermostat?  I know I did not program the thermostats to act in this way, and as far as I can tell, there is no scheduler or other programming that would cause this issue.  I pushed the middle thermostat button 15 times last night and rebooted each thermostat, but this did not resolve the problem.

Without question, the thermostats are the most frustrating part of the entire Control4 system.

Thanks!

HOLD = HOLD TO NEXT EVENT, ie next scheduled time.

You're looking to use HOLD PERM(anent)

Thank you again for your help.  The next question is:  Where can I find these events that keep triggering?  I bought the thermostats used, and they have always acted funky.  I would prefer to remove all programming from the thermostats and start over.

I have Composer HE, and as far as I can tell, I am not pushing any programming to the thermostats.

Thanks!

The tstat schedule can be edited from the on-screen GUI or from composer, but note that even blank you'd have to use HOLD PERM - if people messing with it is a concern, it can be programmed to go to HOLD PERM from Composer, either at set times or even any time the hold setting is changed.

Archived