C4 Forums | Control4

Driver Developer Needs Your Help

Hey folks,

I am working through the agreements to make my licensed drivers available through Extra Vegetables (EV) to make it easier for dealers to purchase for their projects and get support.  One of the due diligence pieces in this process is to provide (EV) with beta testers they can talk to to make sure the drivers are ready for release. 

If you have tested any of the drivers I have published (currently the MyQ and C4 Director Backup drivers) and would be open to providing your contact information to EV, please let me know.

Also, as a general policy I will only develop drivers for devices that currently do not already have a driver available.  The market is far too small and opportunities to integrate other devices too high for me to develop competing drivers.  That said, this does not apply if I feel an existing driver on the market is lacking significant functionality, doesn't work as advertised or is putting the customer at risk (due to the architecture).  Although, I try to work with developers of existing drivers in testing and help make their products better.  Less work for me and contributes to the betterment of the Control4 community.

I will be posting free drivers from time to time.  All free drivers will be open source (not encrypted).

Although I will post announcements in this forum and in the software/hardware forums, from here on, the drivers will be available at the following locations:

Thank you for your help and support!

Eric

Archived