C4 Forums | Control4

Problem with weather jpg

I had this exact problem. It would show up on two of my TS but not the third. The installer reinstalled the TS and all was good. It had something to do with the IP connection to the MTS. Apparently you have you to reload the the TS image to take advantage of the new jpg/camera feature. Reinstall the 10" as if it was new and it will have to reset how it communicates with the controller. When it does that the controller will download some new two IP connector that allows it to work.

I'm not technical but that's how it was explained to me.

Thx

PS. Reconnecting to the controller won't do it. The simple update command doesn't do the trick. It has to be a brand new install. Blank media and new download. I don't know the exact command but he did it.

I had this exact problem. It would show up on two of my TS but not the third. The installer reinstalled the TS and all was good. It had something to do with the IP connection to the MTS. Apparently you have you to reload the the TS image to take advantage of the new jpg/camera feature. Reinstall the 10" as if it was new and it will have to reset how it communicates with the controller. When it does that the controller will download some new two IP connector that allows it to work.

I'm not technical but that's how it was explained to me.

Thx

PS. Reconnecting to the controller won't do it. The simple update command doesn't do the trick. It has to be a brand new install. Blank media and new download. I don't know the exact command but he did it.

To be honest I'm not sure what you mean. I appreciate the info though. What do you mean Blank Media?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone understand the reply above? This is really ticking me off that I can't get this to work. I have checked every single setting on my network. All other wireless devices are access the internet just fine. I've created a brand new project and added all my devices from scratch. The cameras show up but there blank on the 10.5 TS. They show up fine on all other navigators on the TVs. The only thing that seems weird is in the network connections the TS shows up as a UUID address not an IP address. Is this normal?

Just added a MTS and it also has the problem. This is using ethernet not wireless so that's not the issue. It displayed blank images before the software upddate and after so the software update didn't cause the problem.

I'm thinking he's talking about deleting the mts from composer and then adding and re-identifying it...trust me man, I know how frustrating it is to not have something working like you want it to...Have you tried the usb restore??? You can take the whole system back to the last version and see if it's an update issue....I'll keep tossing ideas, and so will everyone else....and eventually, I'm sure it'll get fixed...

I'm thinking he's talking about deleting the mts from composer and then adding and re-identifying it...trust me man, I know how frustrating it is to not have something working like you want it to...Have you tried the usb restore??? You can take the whole system back to the last version and see if it's an update issue....I'll keep tossing ideas, and so will everyone else....and eventually, I'm sure it'll get fixed...

I don't think the deleting of the TS would do anything since I just tried adding a brand new MTS that had never been in the system and it had the same problem. No I haven't done a USB restore. Any idea where I can find info on how to do that? Do you do a restore on every device?

man, honestly I don't know if that would even fix it....has your dealer called tech support on this one??? The HC300 gets it but not the mini's...if they're wifi, it's gotta be a network issue....I use a rinky dink wrt54g.....the only time I had something similar happen is when I brought home a mini that still had someone else's network setting in it....

backup your current project then blank it....try a new blank project as a test. just add your contoller, the screens and the jpg. if it works/doesnt work then you have at least narrowed down the issue to hardware.

• 2 months later...

Archived