C4 Forums | Control4

Problem with weather jpg

make sure the subnet mask is correct on the wifi settings on the 10.5...this is usually a network issue...Manually check the network settings on the 10.5, make sure they are correct...and then reset the controller and the 10.5.....My DNS and subnet on my MTS had to be manually changed on the screen itself and then reset for the artwork, jpg and whatnot to show up....

The camera (and internet jpg) driver loads directly from the navigator device to the internet, not though a controller, so my guess is that for some reason (maybe a proxy, wireless setting, etc.) it can't see the location of the weather .jpg.

RyanE

Don't think that's my issue. All the network settings are fine. I get artwork from my controller fine. It actually showed up the first time I did it then when I went back later it was gone.

I had the same problem with one of my MTS. The problem was the DNS server address was wrong... No error messages (sigh). Check, I would think everything else would work as very little of the control4 functioanily needs to do internet address lookups.

Jeff

I would love to have the 5 day forcast displayed, but I dont understand how it is done. Does it replace the home screen on MTS, 10.5 and TV displays? I assume it does not work on other displays.

This is driving me crazy. I've double checked all my network settings and everything is correct. The only other issue I'm having is for some reason it won't let me assign a secondary DNS server address. When I type it in and hit ok the touchscreen disconnects. When I reconnect what I typed in for the alternative DNS is gone.

try DMZing the ip address of the HTC

Not sure what that would accomplish. That same controller (HC300) is providing the jpg to my onscreen navigator just fine so it's getting to the internet to retrieve it. Is it possible that the last update that we got just the other day could be causing this problem? Like I said it worked when I first put it in the other day. I'm not sure of the timing with the update and when it worked.

Does anyone else have a 10.5 TS with the newest update that can try this?

It's just weird that it shows up fine on my HC300. It showed up fine on the 10.5 at first but now no dice. I'm running .438 also. Is there a way to have it reinstall the upgrade?

do the .438 usb restore stick?

Ryan,

Does the TS actually pull the web cam images directly from the internet or does the HC grab them then all other devices get them from there?

The TS gets the image from the Internet for itself. The HC also gets the image for itself too. Each device gets its own copy.

Alan is correct.

Each device retrieves the image itself, that way the load is completely on the displaying device, not slowing down your director box with retrieving the image.

That was the main reason, because retrieving from a *camera* (it's the same driver) could be quite a tax on the master controller, and retrieving multiple camera streams (for multiple back-end navigator devices) would really drag down master controller performance.

RyanE

Ok man, I had a recent issue after I tried to turn my hc300 into a NAS......The screensaver and weather jpg's would not show on my hc300 but WOULD show on my touch screens.....So I guess, the reverse of your problem....I reloaded the project, and reset....honestly, never happened before, probably will never happen again, but I did and that's how I fixed it.....Just trying to help you out as it seems that you have not found a solution yet..has the issue been resolved yet?? I'm confident that between all the people on the forums, we can figure it out...Keep us posted.

Archived