C4 Forums | Control4

A new Movie Cover Art Driver

cylon147

I would like to announce a driver for movie metadata.soon i am releasing if for Beta testing so guys who are interested please send me your email id here i will send a license key and driver.(only 10 license will be distributed)

Feature:

• No need to keep separate Movie server 
  • No need to run any extra software in PC All the processing of the cover art images and other data will done in controller it self.
  • It will update the movie cover,Description(story line), Cast, Directors name,Ratings,Run time,Release date,Genres.
  • if the cover image is not available or you have some personal video on the NAS it will update default image for that video.

Some Ground Rules:

As long as the title of the movie is correct it will fetch the data from the server. for more accurate result i suggest please write the Movie year in "()" after the title.

Example:

Name without Year.

Die Hard 4

Rockstar

Name with Year.

The Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift (2006)

The Hangover (2009)

2012 (2009)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This definitely fills a need for us.  We've tried others in the past - including the Stonetree one from here which also worked well.  The problem with the past solutions though was that they relied on using mymovies in the back end.  Mymovies is a great piece of software but the whole process is just too time consuming.

This driver is simple to use and it populates the C4 database itself.  Just right if you don't want to spend gobs of time cataloging and want to keep everything within the confines of the C4 interface.  For customers, they can keep it all in Composer ME.  Just trigger the driver to run on completion of a scan with programming.

Sure the onscreen C4 media cataloging is nowhere near as good as pretty much any of the players that we are using.  But with this, you don't have to go outside of navigator to select movies.  Hence we also don't have to worry about another piece of software for our customers and interaction with the media player itself (we have been using dune and mymovies with the stonetree or ev driver) .  And for people with an existing catalog of movies they want to bring in it saves time and hassle.

Good work and Thanks again.

A Little Update..

The control4 media scan take the movie file name as movie title. Many user have their movie folder with correct name and year in bracket. So when you use

this driver till now it was taking the title name to fetch the data and if the movie title is not correctly formatted then driver will fail to get appropriate data.

To resolve this issue i have added one feature to take Movie folder name as Movie title.You can set it from the propertied you will have option like "Take file name as movie title" OR "Take Movie Folder Name as Movie Title".

This will help in saving many user times with renaming all their Movie title to get this driver working.

I am Still Open to any Suggestions.

Hi,

From your screen shots your showing high res DVD covers right?

If so how can I become a beta tester because our demo system is using a 4k projector and the native C4 scanned images are so low res that its embarrasing

Thanks

Archived