C4 Forums | Control4

Ip camera

I don't think being H.264 compliant guarantees it will integrate. You need a driver for it. However, I recently bought an H.264 compliant foscam and am working on a driver for it. It seems like the ios app uses H.264, but the MyHome PC and on screen navigator use motion JPEG. The MyHome PC app is playing the motion JPEG stream without issue, but the on screen navigator gives an error saying that gstreamer is missing a plugin.

I am still trying to work this out, but I think what it boils down to is the camera needs H.264 support and an MJpeg stream that is supported by Control4. I can't find much documentation on this and would be very interested in hearing from anybody who knows more about it.

• 1 month later...

I'm going to install a couple of hikvision cameras, and 2 large tvs to view them. Does anyone here have experience as to the best way to set it up with it being integrated with control4? I have an hc250

I'll outline how I'm envisioning it to work and please advise on how I can make it work.

I want to watch all camera on grid on the tv, and have the possibility of selecting a specific camera to watch larger if I want. I also want when someone rings the door station for that picture to pop up large on the screen.

Chaim, you need to use the videostorm netplay video for your video distribution, it does exactly what you want. And you can trigger it all in control4. I will try to post a video soon of a job that I am completing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any update as to the video you mentioned you might upload??

Thanks!

Archived