C4 Forums | Control4

VPN Setup Issues - Cisco RV120W

My 4 Sight subscription recently expired, and in the meantime, I thought it would be a good time to setup my Cisco RV120W VPN Router to test before I renew my subscription. I have had this router for a while and have not been able to successfully setup a VPN. I do not have much experience with VPN's and I'm not sure what to try next.

I am using the Control4 Remote Access Configuration Guide. Control4 VPN Router&DDNS.pdf  I have followed all the steps exactly on pages 13-17. (I don't have a static IP, but I've skipped the DDNS setup for now, while I setup the VPN.)

When I try to connect to the VPN on my PC with the Cisco QuickVPN Client with correct information, the connection seems to go through, but at the "Verifying Network" step, It comes back with a message: "The remote gateway is not responding" and gives me an option to retry or quit the connection. The odd thing is that in the router's admin page, it shows that a user is connected to the VPN, and remains connected until I close the connection.

Hopefully someone will be able to help me here. I realize this may be more of an issue with the router, but I was hoping someone may have some experience with this...

Thanks.

Archived