C4 Forums | Control4

Removing a delay before screen is dropped following projector power on

Hi - a quick question.

In a cinema room containing a projector (Epson model TW7200 with serial control) and an electric motorised drop-down screen (relay control), I would like to drop the screen as soon as the projector turns on. So within programming (Composer 2.5.3) I add an event "When Cinema Room Projector->Turns on" -> "Put the Playroom->Motorised Screen down" (and an appropriate event for when the projector is turned off too).

Sounds great but the screen only comes down after about 2 minutes of the projector being turned on, and goes up about 2 minutes after the Room Off command is issued. When I manually drop/raise the screen using the motorised screen device controls within Composer the screen operates immediately.

So I must assume that the projector is recognised as being On or Off after the process of warming up or down. On the assumption that this is correct, can anyone think of a way where I can have the screen operate when Control4 actually issues the Projector On command rather than when the Projector reports it's power state as 'On' to the controller? MUCH appreciated if you can help. Thanks, Richard

You're assumption may well be correct - it would have to be a two-way serial driver though.

If room is used solely for video purposes (or you don't mind the screen down on a rare occasion music is used

Move the programming to [rrom] POWER_STATE changes - found under room variables:

When [room] POWER_STATE changes

IF [room] is on

-screen up

IF [room] is off

-screen down

If that is a problem, try using:

WHEN [room] video selection changes

IF [room] is on

etc.

Thanks for the suggestion. It looks like my assumption is correct (and I am using a 2-way driver). So I thought I could use the trigger out from the projector to the screen's trigger in. But the trigger output of the PJ behaves in a similar way which is a bit dumb if you ask me...

Depends. One could argue that it's "nicer" to wait to have the screen drop until the projector is actually outputting an image - some people have asked mt to program exactly that.

But if that's NOT what you want, like I mentioned above, use the change in the room power on/off instead of the projector power on/off.

I agree Cy - that sounds ideal

In case anyone's interested I've used a dummy AV R in line between the actual AVR's HDMI output and the Projector's HDMI input and added "When Cinema Room Dummay AVR->Turns on" -> "Put the Cinema Room->Motorised Screen down" which works quite nicely.

Archived