C4 Forums | Control4

Simple programming problem - new user - please assist

Hi, new user, need assistance.  I am simply trying to write a little script to turn the porch light on / off.

I've set up a schedule in 'agent' to turn on @ sunset everyday

I've set up a schedule in 'agent' to turn off @ midnight everyday

I've set up under 'agent' a porch light on under advanced lighting scenes to turn on the porch light and am able to activate that scene to turn the light on

i've set up under 'agent' a porch light off under advanced lighting scenes to turn off the porch light and am able to use that agent to turn it off.

I go to programming to scedule the event of turning the porch light on, but when I attempt to select the 'action' of 'Scene Porch Light On', it indicates that there are no commands for the selected item under the command tab as pictured in the attachment

post-135574-0-32990700-1406995690_thumb.post-135574-0-32990700-1406995690_thumb..   

Any suggestions?  Thanks for taking the time to help a newbie!

If only one light using scenes may be over done.

That said, do NOT select the desired lighting scene name under actions directly, it will show what you've been seeing.

Instead just select the 'advanced lighting scenes' agent itself and you'll see a drop-down menu to select the scene you want and the option to activate.

Archived