C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Music Backup

Hi, I am new around here and I searched the forum for my answer but didn't find one.

So a couple of weeks ago I had a power outage and all the settings and media was wiped clean from the Control4 system. Now luckily I had a backup for it and I restored the backup. Now the settings work perfectly fine such as light scenes and temperature etc. However all the music playlists and individual songs are not playing. In composer it shows all the playlists and the song but when I tell control 4 to play a song or playlist nothing happens. Please Help.

Thank you

How would media be wiped from the system?

Where was it stored - without knowing that it's hard to give further directions.

Do note that a backup does NOT contain the actual media, music or otherwise.

It would restore the locations it THINKS media is in, but if it physically isn't there or unreachable for some reason it would fail to play - which is your situation.

Hmm I do not exactly know if it was stored in the system or not. The way I added music into composer was through the "Add New.." option. I thought it would have added the music to the system hard drive itself. 

Okay, so is there a way to find out where it thinks the media is located? I mean now after it has been wiped out and I restored it?

Thanks

What would you select before 'adding' music? Or, where do you still see the music data using ComposerME/HE?

It sounds like it's on a controller, or on a USB drive connected to a controller.

In any case, restoring a controller wll not wipe the music data off at all.

One thing you could try is backing up again, then perform a full scan (same line as the 'add' button) - afterwards see if it found your music.

OH I think you might have misinterpreted my initial post. I didn't mean that restoring the controller wiped the music data. I meant that controller settings/data/music were wiped off during a power shortage. So I restored the controller from a previous backup I had made.

For your first question I am providing a link to the screenshot of my media library. I'll give your full scan solution a try later tonight as well.

http://i.imgur.com/63bLkoG.png

Archived