C4 Forums | Control4

SLOW..... eventually can't use

Hi all,

Yesterday I (for the first time) had a really bad experience with C4. I have a new gen HC800 that runs my house, latest software (Been on since 2.5.3 came out) and its been rock solid. All of a sudden yesterday my SR250 would not respond, then go into the default menu (you know the one when it lose connection), Composer would take ages to connect, the apps would connect but you turn the lights on and it would execute the commands 15mins later and the app wouldn't update (i.e. you tell it to go on it would still show off but the lights on).

So I thought ok, it hasn't been rebooted for a few months let me give it a kick in the A..... turned off unplugged gave it five mins turned on. Same effect.... did it again 30mins later after getting fustrated all over again, same result.

Left it over night (turning lights off manually etc wow haven't felt that feeling in a while) and later today its come back to normal......

I checked no updates were happening, I checked my Wireless frequencies with a tool i have / no interference. I checked the strength of the Zigbee signal with Network Tools in composer all was good. Checked CPU and MEM everything was good....

Don't know what caused it, yes its gone back to normal for now but I don't know what caused it or how to fix it if its going to happen again.

Any ideas, comments suggestions?

Archived