C4 Forums | Control4

IT-100 Issue

Hi, my alarm integration with control 4 using the HC800 was working for the last 2 years just fine and now just stopped working all of a sudden

I reset the power HC-800 controller and reseated the serial cable on both the 800 and alarm module.

I also powered off the alarm system too

I am on 2.4.0.227470-res

My control 4 system is working just fine no issues except for no alarm connectivity

I have a flashing green light on the IT-100 module using a DSC 1832 system

See attached composer programming page, nothing has changed in my programming.

Please help not sure what else to check.

post-125077-0-06142600-1407289610_thumb.

How do I power cycle the IT-100?

It's connected in my alarm panel

I powered off my alarm panel & disconnected the alarm batteries for 10 minutes then repluged it all

Also when it was off I power cycled the hc-800

Could the issue bd the IT-100 board?

You can try.  I went through that crap for 1 year (power cycling the IT after every reboot) on a HC-1000.  Problem went away plugged into the 800 though.  I power  the IT-100 from a separate PS.  If yours gets it's power off the main board somehow, maybe you hit this one up already.  Easy enough to do, just disconnect the end wire on the left of the term block.

1. powered off the alarm power and removed the batteries

2. powered off the 800 and disconnected the serial cable

3. removed the 4 wires in the IT100 and the serial cable\\

4. reconnected the serial cable and the 4 wires to the IT100

powered up the alarm

5. reconnected the serial cable to the 800

6. powered up the 800

No success still on the alarm connectivity.

I then uploaded a a known good backup from my system and still no success.

The IT100 flashes green every second

Could my IT100 be the issue? or the serial cable? The serial cable is aporox 50ft.

I'm having the same exact issue. It's very frustrating. I ordered a new it-100 that hasn't come in yet. The only other thing I thought was the baud rate for the length of cable. I have 10 foot cable which requires something different. 50 foot is the default, so that shouldn't be your problem. Fingers crossed for the both of us.

^Cable length does not need to match the baud rate in the table.  Those are maximums.  9600 is plenty for this simple device and you can string up to 98 ft. of straight-through TP cable.  Chance for failure always exists but honestly, % of that happening is slim.  With that said, I still keep a spare board around anyway.  Try putting the driver into debug mode and issue a command in both directions.  You should at least see time/date come back from your LCD.

• 2 months later...

I'm having the same issue with my DSC IT-100 board.  All the sudden it stopped working.  No changes to the system hardware or software wise.  I have rebooted everything, alarm, C4 gear, network etc.  A friend tested it for me and its the board.

Seems to be going for $60.  Any other sources for less?

Archived