C4 Forums | Control4

Help with ONKYO Tuner Attached to HC800

My Onkyo Tuner does not get turned on each time we want to view TV. It is attached to HC800 unit. I need to go to my basement and start the tuner manually.  I have this problem for last 10 days now. Sometime I reboot the system, and it does work for a while, but next day or so the tuner stopped working again.

It is hard to get a hold of Dealers, because the response time is very slow. I am waiting in the queue, but is there any way to solve the issue? Can you resolve this sort of problem remotely? I have 4 control4 systems in my house, and two works fine, and another two is not working.

Greatly appreciate the help or suggestions. Thank you.

do you know how the onkyo is controled? IR Serial or IP. 

If IR check to make sure it is secured and it responds to your commands when you press the buttons.

if serial check to make sure all cables are secured and if you can the right driver for your unit.

If ip you may need to set a static ip address or Reserved dhcp. If this is done already how is the onkyo connected to ip? Wired check for connectivity issues, if wirelesss can you wire?

if you would like I can take a look remotely for you and see if i can find any thing blatantly wrong and we can go from there!

Archived