C4 Forums | Control4

Dimmer Issue

Matthewjocko

Hello Everyone,

I have a dimmer that was working fine before the update to 2.6.0, I was previously on 2.5.4 and always keep my system up to date. After the update the dimmer was working fine but about a month later the dimmer stopped controlling the load and stopped responding. It flashes white but that is it. When I try to do a soft reset the dimmer doesn't restart but just stops blinking. The only way to get it to blink white again is to cut the power to it then it goes back to blinking white.  If there is any to make this dimmer work again that would be great.  Otherwise it is going to have to be replaced.

Thanks for any help,
Matt

VERY up to date as there was no 2.5.4!

What exact reset did you try?

On a (North American) dimmer I'd do the following

pull the top little tab out.

Press and hold the bottom - push tab in and hold until it starts flashing (differently).

Constant white(pinkish) flashing usually means it's rebooting, so it may somehow be getting stuck in that mode.

I forgot exactly what version it was before 2.6.0 but I had the latest release before that, I just wanted to make sure that everyone knew that I was already on Zigbee Pro.  I tried holding down that button and pulling out the tab then putting it back in.  No results.  It did not start flashing differently.

Link to a video of me trying this method: http://videobam.com/kEwIn

Archived