C4 Forums | Control4

Just bought a AVMHTC1B for $98 from Tweeter

Wow... I was in a Tweeter last Friday and saw a HTC going for around $350. It seems like they are scaling back their commitment to C4, as they now are putting more effort into Crestron's entry-range line. Anyone know if this is a broader trend or just at this one store?

It just shows you how clueless some of those Tweeter people are...who is going to buy a HTC all by itself off the sale rack from Tweeter? Maybe another dealer but that's pretty much it.

I sure as heck would.

I noticed there are lots of "Home Theater Controlers" still available for sale, but I don't see those on the Control4 website for a description of what they are??

Thanks

Dave

The Home theater Controller (HTC) is an older model that has been replaced by a newer model. The newer model is the HC-300. It makes sense that places like Tweeter are trying to get rid of the older HTC. There is nothing wrong with the HTC, it is still a fine piece of hardware.

It just shows you how clueless some of those Tweeter people are...who is going to buy a HTC all by itself off the sale rack from Tweeter? Maybe another dealer but that's pretty much it.

I sure as heck would.

My point was that most newbies stumbling across a HTC in a Tweeter store wouldn't be able to install it since they don't have access to composer. Paying Tweeter to come over and set up a one piece system would more than offset whatever savings they thought they were getting on the HTC....from what I've seen in the store I was in I question whether those guys would do a good job on install/support.

But if you already had a system set up by Tweeter and just wanted to add on an HTC in a room, I could see it making sense.

The ones in NJ were not willing to ship out clearance items. Regardless, I happened to drive close enough (as close enough as half-way can be...). Picked up 2 HTCs @ 98each and a large number of V2 remotes at $18 each :)

I sure as heck would.

My point was that most newbies stumbling across a HTC in a Tweeter store wouldn't be able to install it since they don't have access to composer. Paying Tweeter to come over and set up a one piece system would more than offset whatever savings they thought they were getting on the HTC....from what I've seen in the store I was in I question whether those guys would do a good job on install/support.

But if you already had a system set up by Tweeter and just wanted to add on an HTC in a room' date=' I could see it making sense.[/quote']

but if I had composer pro.....

Who's the person that bought the c4 stuff from underneath me at Harrisburg PA store? Probably not your fault, but I had talked to manager and had it all setup and he was supposed to email me back everything he had and we were going to settle up. I get a call on Saturday telling me someone came in and bought it all..that was a great feeling:(

extremely out of date..I've called most of them, they are not going to keep it current...They are simply trying to move stock from different stores out...when they get it is when they get it, and when they sell it, just hope you're there when they come in....good luck

Archived