C4 Forums | Control4

Video Distribution

cpotts

Hello, I'm building a new home and I'm looking at C4 for the automation and AV distribution.  The C4 system will consist of a HC-800 controller, C4 8 zone matrix amplifier, 7" in-wall touch screen and a couple of the SR-250 remote controls.  I have a lot of AV questions but first I want to start with the video distribution solution.  I had the home prewired so that I have cat5e runs from each of the TV locations back to my AV closet.  I'm looking at the C4 C4-8ZVMS-B 8x8 video matrix switch.  I've seen a lot more traffic on the forums about the new HDBaseT 2.0 standard and that we should see products on the market in the near future.  I checked out the recent information from the last CEDIA expo and it doesn't seem to have any firm release dates for any for the vendors.  I don't know when the C4-8ZVMS-B hit the market but do you think its up for an update anytime soon?  I don't want to purchase one in the next two months to find out that they have something new coming out in January.  Thanks in advance for the help.

Thanks,

Cliff

All, it appears that the C4-8ZVMS-B video matrix switch has been removed from the C4 website.  It no longer shows up under the video products only the remotes and the HDBaseT receiver.  Does anyone have an idea why?  Is this product getting discontinued or does C4 have something new coming our for a video matrix?

Archived