C4 Forums | Control4

Xbox and BluRay lack sound

When we have either Xbox or Bluray on I can see the picture but cannot hear the correct audio - all we can hear is Sky. Sky tv works fine - sound and picture both together but Xbox and Bluray will only play Sky sound.

Any ideas how I can overcome this?

Well the problem is likely this:

TV and receiver are fed separately, either two HDMI feeds, or one HDMI and say a stereo feed from an audio matrix switch, or induvidual audio leads from each source.

The part that 'switches' the audio path isn't actually doing so, which is why you're stuck on one audio feed, yet can change video feed.

The trick is finding out where (could be the HDMI switch, could be a C4 audio matrix switch, could be the receiver) - from there one can figure out why.

That said, there's one fairly easy thing to try.

-With the TV on (from the system) - remover power from the receiver (don't turn it off - actually take the powercord out).

-Note whether or not you LOSE video at that point. Report.

-If you're very lucky, put power back in and turn the receiver on, then change sources, see if it's fixed.

That said, there's one fairly easy thing to try.

-With the TV on (from the system) - remover power from the receiver (don't turn it off - actually take the powercord out).

-Note whether or not you LOSE video at that point. Report.

-If you're very lucky, put power back in and turn the receiver on, then change sources, see if it's fixed.

This has worked. When the reciever was toatlly off video was LOSSED.

When power back on, it was fixed.

What does this mean ? Do i have to repeat this when it reoccurs or can you suggest a permanent fix ?

What happened is that your Integra receiver was acting up, likely using serial or IP control. I've seen it before.

Could be it has the ability to switch video and audio together - being on 2.6 means the driver may need an update to properly handle a change in how C4 handles that. (This is a new development being looked at).

This could have also have been a one time oddity. If it does happen again, there is a possibility there may be a timing plus handshaking issue that can be looked at - but it would require a knowledgeable dealer logged into the system to check if even possible.

Its definitely not a one time oddity as we have been having this problem for months - on and off though. Sometimes the system works ok and other times I have to turn all power off and reboot the whole thing to get it to kind of 're-set' itself - which is very annoying.

I'll see how we go today as it seems ok at the moment this morning

Well, it was OK for a while then we lost sound again and could just hear the Sky sound whilst the xbox was playing (same issue with DVD/Bluray)

So I took the power lead out of the Integra amp and put it back in and now we have the correct sound again.

I never have this problem with the Sky - the sound and picture are always fine

Any ideas what to do next then?

Archived