C4 Forums | Control4

No sound after Composer 2.6 upgrade

I know this is a broad question but after upgrading Composer and my equipment to 2.6.0 last night when I pick any source and target any zone I can't hear any sound.

The amps look OK and everything has a valid IP address and online.

Any tips for troubleshooting why this might be happening?

Thanks!

Rick

Yeah all of the connections look intact.  I tried using a music source of a radio, DirecTV Sat Receiver and a PC which has my PC music collection.   Nothing obvious looks wrong.

In the past I have double clicked on an amp and seen the Audio Output/Audio Input cross connects not lit up in green but they are all on.

I guess I need to go very basic and hook up a speaker directly to outputs on the switch and try firing up audio and seeing if audio kicks on.  It would be nice if in Composer there were some sound audio meters in the UI that would visually indicate if audio was playing.

Rick

I see the display lit up on the front of my Audio switch and it says:

UPDATER

WAITING FOR DHCP

REFLASHING

NO IMAGE

REFLASH TIMEOUT

That doesn't sound good.  I see it showing online with an IP address in Network Tools.

I had already power cycled that switch once tonight, should I try something else?

Rick

Im having the same issue with my 16 channel amp. However I installed this amp into my existing project running 2.6 already. It updated firmware(attempted to) while I was not paying attention and now my amp is stuck on that screen. I have tried isolating the controller (HC250) and the amp (AVM-16A2-B) to a different router on their own and reboot both, no improvement. The amp still will not update. Anyway to go back to the previous version like a restore of some kind, and a fix for this?

Following some Control4 troubleshooting suggestions for the Audio Switch V2, I disconnected my Audio Switch from the switch it was in and isolated it completely on a spare POE switch I had where I connected both the audio switch and my HC-800 controller to the switch (only those two) and connected that switch to the router.

I then power cycled the audio switch and when it booted up I immediately saw the standard audio switch menus on the LCD.  At that point everything was fully working again.

So it seems like the flashing was OK but the DHCP address wasn't properly assigned until I isolated the audio matrix.

I'm glad its up and ready for action!

Rick

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I put in another control4 16 channel amp. Same version as the previous one I mentioned that had problems. My HC250 is and has been running on the new OS 2.6. I recently installed the older Control 4 amp into the system running 2.6. In the list of available drivers for an Control 4 16 channel amp in my composer it lists the V1 Amp, and the V3 amp, and a 4 zone Amp. I now realize my mistake since I installed another amp that is the same model number of the one that is stuck in the Updater. These a V2 amps that is not readily listed in the My drivers tab on composer. You have to search for it, it comes up as C4-16AMP2-B. With that driver loaded and the second amp installed it worked just fine. No troubles as of yet for days. Now then, here is the next question, how do I go about fixing the previous amp which is stuck in the updater? I cant identify it, so the controller cant send it the proper file to flash. I am not certain what the IP address of it is, nor does it come up in my routers DHCP table with a device name. Any advice is appreciated.

Archived