C4 Forums | Control4

Remote is freezing

Both myself and my brother-in-law are having the same problem. About once an hour the remote Sr250 or sr150 stop responding. The key presses are queued and after about 15-20seconds all the key presses are processed.

I have an HC-300 running 2.1.1 and my BIL has a HC-800 running 2.5.2. Apart from the remotes we don't share any other equipment or setup.

We did use the same dealer, but he lost his dealership due to low sales when C4 restructured, so we can't ask him for help.

Any ideas on what we can try to figure this out?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Long lags like that sometimes indicate that the project file is being saved too often, often due to older versions of drivers, such as door lock drivers, or another 3rd-party driver.

A dealer can look in the log file for project saves to see if that's the issue, and try and see what's causing it.

I've also seen this happen with a project that was changing the backlight settings on a touchpanel programmatically, which was causing the file saves.

RyanE

Yeah, that's a very bad thing.

Backlight settings and Screensaver settings are a config setting on those devices, and every time they're changed, the project file is saved about a minute later.

Doing it once a day (day / night), no real issue.  Doing it every time a motion sensor goes off, you'll be in major amounts of pain.

Sorry.

RyanE

Archived