C4 Forums | Control4

Updating Used C4 Gear

oldtex

Hey Guys, long time lurker.

I am a C4 programmer and finally decided to take the plunge and bought a used HC300 off ebay to play with at home.

It is running 1.7.

If I go to account services there is no code there for me to register it, so updates etc do not work.

What would be my best course of action going forward/

Thanks

Uhm.

I am a C4 programmer and finally decided to take the plunge and bought a used HC300 off ebay to play with at home.

What would be my best course of action going forward/

Thanks

If you're a C4 programmer - you'd be working for a dealer - so get an HC250 through there?

You're not taking any 'plunge' by buying a controller that cannot run the current software.

Beyond that, you're telling me you're a C4 programmer yet you cannot figure out how to create an account, register a system, or use an update stick, or restore a controller using a restore stick AND you're telling me you haven't figured out that to update to say 1.7.4 or 1.8.2 - stable versions to update to 2.x from - you do not need to register your system as those software versions don't require a license.

This post may seem a bit harsh - but you cannot be honestly claiming to be a "C4 programmer" and be asking on a USER forum on how to register a system (without having to yet to get started anyway) and/or updating a controller.

Archived