C4 Forums | Control4

Wakeup bug

Hi C4 Forum, 

I have noticed at some point the wakeup would be de-activated in the end user interface (under comfort). 

This is annoying, every evening I have to double-check if the wakeup is well programmed. 

Is it a known bug ? 

Any workaround ? 

Thanks 

Johan 

I tried to track when the wakeup would de deactivated, sometimes, the wakeup time has changed, sometimes it's simply turned off. 

I also tried to track when I would change the programming, if that would reset this, there is no correlation. 

Last time I've got the problem was 2 days ago. The controller has been up for over 17 days. 

Here is the uptime of the controller : uptime

11:52:08 up 17 days, 19:07, load average: 0.03, 0.01, 0.00

If I come across anything I'll let you know.

As a 'patch' job you could program the wakeup scene to trigger via scheduling instead of actually setting it.

Create a schedule for the time you want, repeating on the days you want.

Go to 'wake-up' under actions and you'll see the how and what.

Note that this is a direct EXECUTE - not a 'set wakeup to active' - don't plan to do this at any other time than when you want to actually get up.

Not ideal, but may be what works for you.

Hi Cyknignt

Thanks for the suggestion. 

The problem with this, the end user can not change the wakeup time.

One way to do it, is to setup custom buttons to flip a variable (true or false), each button would be to activate-deactivate a wakeup. 

The only problem with this approach, there is no feedback, so I have no idea what is on or off. 

I have programed a holiday mode for the house, when you flip the button, it would change the led color to some dimmers. 

Any idea how I could display which wakeup is on or off ? 

Archived