C4 Forums | Control4

Dimmer problem

Hi C4 forum, 

I want to limit the % of light in the bathroom starting a certain time of the day, for instance from 10pm up to 6am, if I press the top button, set the light to 30%. 

My programming is like this : 

If time of the day between 10 pm and 6 AM

-> set bathroom light to 30%

-> stop

set light to 100% 

When using that conditional, the dimmer would open the lights at 100% then dim at the asked level. 

If I change the set level to with ramp up level to xx %, it would turn it at 100% and then dim down to the asked level. 

If remove the conditional, the light is turning on at the asked level. 

Looks like the conditional is adding some latency and the dimmer would directly turn the light to 100% and then get instructed by the director to set to another level. 

Any workaround ? Can I add or change the timers on the dimmer ? 

Thanks 

Johan 

Nothing to do with latency - programming off a button press doesn't prevent that button to do what it does by default - so the behavior you see is expected.

What you want to do is create a schedule event for 'low' and 'high' switches (so two of them)

Then:

When schedule 'low' execute

set [lighting device] PRESET_LEVEL to 30%

When schedule 'high' executes

set [lighting device] PRESET_LEVEL to 100%

that PRESET_LEVEL is found by going to the light under actions, press the plus in fron of it and in front of the 'device variables'

PRESET_LEVEL determines what level a dimmer goes to on a button press. You can then still force the level past that point by pressing and holding once it's reached the preset (just in case you need to).

Edit: to be clear, no additional programming is then needed anymore

Archived