C4 Forums | Control4

Do your mp3's ever skip?

slemay - I haven't gotten to try any mp3's after getting the update, but tell me if this is right. the music gets streamed from the hd to the hc300. the hc300 is hooked up via composite cables to the audio matrix switcher and then more cables to the amp. all of the speaker are hooked up to the amp. so, are you saying that the communication via ethernet from the hc300 to either the audio matrix switcher/amp could cause the problems? I'm not exactly sure how everything in the system is hooked up as I know there's a router and switch in there, but I think this is basically correct.

tum

correct - analog stays analog. Only devices that can take it digital (ie: ethernet) would be speakerpoints, HTC's, MC's, HC-300's and HC-500's. So an amp or switch will only accept it analog (ie: audio cables).

gonna change the thread to resolved as I have not had any skips or pauses since my dealer updated the hc300's to the latest software release. I'll definitely update the thread if I hear it again.

thanks for all of the help in solving the problem!

tum

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello... I am also noticing my mp3's files are skipping on a WD external USB drive.

My director (HC-300) is at version .438, how do I get to version .442? Is this update something that can be done from Composer HE or does the dealer have to come out with Composer Pro?

Archived