C4 Forums | Control4

iTunes Driver (8.0.2) not working

I'm on 2.6 and using version 8.0.2 of the iTunes Driver.   iTunes is running version 12.1.0.50 and OSX Yosemite.    

At one point I had the driver working just fine.   Now when I try to get it to work I am stuck at the "initializing connection" step.   I have set up the static IP address, sent the pairing command via the ACTIONS tab.   Once I send the pairing command iTunes sees the request and I am prompted to enter the "0000" code.  iTunes then tells me that C4 can now remote control iTunes.   

However, back in Composer on the properties tab i have a constant "initializing connection" status/error code.  I've tried the pairing command multiple times but I keep getting stuck on this step.  

Any thoughts?  Thanks, in advance...

I'm on 2.6 and using version 8.0.2 of the iTunes Driver. iTunes is running version 12.1.0.50 and OSX Yosemite.

At one point I had the driver working just fine. Now when I try to get it to work I am stuck at the "initializing connection" step. I have set up the static IP address, sent the pairing command via the ACTIONS tab. Once I send the pairing command iTunes sees the request and I am prompted to enter the "0000" code. iTunes then tells me that C4 can now remote control iTunes.

However, back in Composer on the properties tab i have a constant "initializing connection" status/error code. I've tried the pairing command multiple times but I keep getting stuck on this step.

Any thoughts? Thanks, in advance...

I thought they just released a newer version of that driver?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I think that 8.0.2 was released on February 5.  I have auto update enabled so I am assuming that it automatically updated the driver.   I'm not sure when the driver stopped working since I upgraded to Yosemite and saw the driver updated at the same time.  I'm not sure what, if any, change is causing the issue.  

Delete the old driver and add in the new version manually. 

Also can you turn on debugging on the properties page and see what the logs say? (I am assuming it has a debug but I have not messed with that driver in a long time so I dont remember exactly. ) 

My first thought was also some kind of firewall on the computer blocking it and timing out the request. 

Archived