C4 Forums | Control4

Kodi Entertainment Center Driver (Formerly XBMC)

HouseLogix

This driver is developed by HouseLogix partner Chowmain for the Kodi Entertainment Center (formerly known as XBMC) and is available on the HouseLogix website.

Kodi Entertainment Center is a software based media player that can be installed on Windows, MAC, Linux, Raspberry Pi and Android based platforms. Kodi offers a beautiful simple interface that enriches your playback experience. The Chowmain Kodi Lite driver enables us to integrate the Kodi Entertainment Center into the Control4 home automation system with seamless control and feedback.

This driver will allow you to create the most seamless movie experience whether it be in a home theater or in your living room.  It is the most feature packed media player driver available for Control4 to date.

Features

• IP based communications
  • Transport controls
  • Numerical buttons act as jump to percentage during video playback or SMS style quick navigation when in navigational modes.
  • Support for PVR (Guide, Record, DVR, Channel Up, Channel Down buttons)
  • Movie selection from Control4’s Navigator
  • Import Movies from the Kodi library into Control4's library with meta data and cover art & much more.

Driver use examples:

• Now with Android support you can purchase Android Set Top Boxes for under $200 that will provide you with the full XBMC experience and Android experience. Play games, surf the web and use XBMC.
  • Create the perfect cinema experience by dimming the lights down when a movie starts, ramp it back up when the movie ends or if the user pauses or stops the movie. Also automatically set the cinema to different masking modes based upon the movie aspect ratio.
  • Setup logic to change your LED lightings color dependent on the movie name. If you're watching something set in the ocean set it to blue.  If you're watching something set in the jungle set it to green or if you're watching something set in the desert set it to orange.
  • It can be very disruptive while watching a movie to have navigator pop up and tell me that someone is at my front door or perhaps i have a new email or something. This driver provides the ability to send Kodi announcements. Like a Control4 Announcement this will pop up a custom message however in this case it will not interrupt the current Kodi activity. It will just pop up in the bottom right hand corner for a few seconds and then hide away.

Read more about the Kodi Entertainment Center Driver on our website: www.HouseLogix.com

Please feel free to ask any questions or inquire about this driver in the comments below.

Will this be able to control add on's in kodi? For example genisis, icefilms, project free tv etc.

I ask because the EV driver doesn't seem to do this in my experience.

You can control addon's through KODI's onscreen user interface using the driver just as you would any other menu.

Archived