C4 Forums | Control4

2 TVs in one room/audio zone

tjs951

im fairly new to control4 but im trying to get started, I was at a house the other day with a co-worker and we ran in to a problem. this house has an indoor gymnasium with 2 TV's one on the left and one on the right, both are wired separate from one another with separate baluns and such. We were trying to find a way to keep them in the same room and share the same audio zone. Is there some sort of way in programming to be able to select either left or right tv from a sr-250 remote? and just mute either tv you don't want playing through the speakers?

this can be done, with a little bit of programming. if they share the same audio you could simply connect all the sources to one tv. Then i if device yyy is selected turn on right  selecting device xxx would turn on the left normally. and then do some programming for the mute or volume down and back up if you don't want the indicator on.  just be sure to edit the tv driver to make sure it dont switch to a blank input

im not sure I follow, and my apologies for that, but if I connected all the sources to one tv but nothing to the other, how would I get any kind of image from the other? and if it makes any difference the 4 in ceiling speakers all go to a c4 8 zone amp, and the baluns ( which are wired as 2 sparate TV's) all wire back to a wyrestorm 16x16 matrix. and how would you select device x vs device y if they are in the same room? my though was that you would have to make both TV's go into subrooms within the room when it came to the programing

Connect them to the to one TV virtually in composer. Then it's all a matter of programming from their. Only down side is it sounds like you will have 32 devices to choose from 16 from the left and the rest from the right.

What would probably be best leave the TVs in separate rooms and have a custom button switch audio

Archived