C4 Forums | Control4

Zone 2 setup

Hi all,

I need some help programming my zone 2 setup. I have Denon 4308CI for my main zone and it has DISH Apple TV, xbox 360 and blu ray player and HTPC connected. This is supplying picture to the TV in my great room. I have another TV connected in kids play room right behind the wall and that has the input from Denon zone2. I just need help programming so that i can have kids watch their shows in the room( zone2) while we are watching our shows outside ( zone1). Can some one please guide me through for that. 

Since it is a separate room, do i need to add all the drivers for the above device in play room and make connections to zone2 with a different video display or can i use the connection from what i already have setup in great room. 

CyKnight,

you are a savior. I was able to make the connections and I am getting the video. Only problem is when i turn something on, It is making the receiver in zone 1 to turn on too. I am sure this has got to do with end point programming. Anything particular i need to be looking at? Don't know how to make those end points connect right, I have tried different connections but seems like zone 1 receiver still turns on. 

It may have nothing to do with your binding - it's possible the receiver requires this, it's also possible it's the driver.

If the receiver DOES allow Zone 2 to be turned on induvidually, you could program in to turn the receiver main out off if the room FOR the main zone is off.

Basically you're hard on your way discovering all the minor and sometimes mayor pitfalls that exist when using receivers as video matrix switches - there's a good reason many dealers don't touch it at all - or have worked with numerous receivers to find a few that work and stick with just those.

Archived