C4 Forums | Control4

Verizon Router Crashed... Questions

Tonight, I was watching Netflix via the Roku3 player and my wife was on the Ipad/Interent and everything went down (Internet and wifi).  I rebooted the router, checked the network and it said local network was offline.  Router's WAN Ethernet and Internet lights are green on the router, but wifi is completely out.  I called verizon and the tech said they are not seeing an IP address assigned to the verizon router.  They recommended a factory reset, but if I do that am I going to lose all the IP addresses assigned to the Control4 and other hardware in the rack?  I know some of the equipment have static IP addresses.

I tried loging into the Verizon router, but it's temporarily disabled (tried logging in too many times with the wrong password).  I want to log in and write down all the IP addresses before I do any type of factory reset on the router.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Scott

^All the more reason to do a save on the configuration file.  Get VZ to fix it if it's leased.  That's their job and what you pay them to do- provide a service.  If they interrogated your 424 successfully, then the ONT is healthy.  Little else to do but wipe it clean (if you do not know the password).  Before that just do a ONT reboot yourself and see what happens.  I carry a spare, config'd 424 next to the rack just in case.

I did a complete power cycle on everything and when all the rack equipment rebooted all was okay. I then logged into the 424 and my other router to copy the config files and ip settings.

Scott

Archived