C4 Forums | Control4

Sonos and Zones

I am having what seems like a simple issue that my dealer can't seem to figure out.  

I recently upgraded to 2.7, and had a Sonos Connect installed and setup at the same time.  I have my Sonos hooked up to my Yamaha Receiver via analog, so I can use the zone function of the receiver to hear the output in 3 zones.  I had done (and still have) the same hook up with an AppleTV.  

I am able to listen to the AppleTV in any zone independently, and I can also add any of the other zones to the currently playing zone through the C4 interface (phone app, SR250, on screen, etc).  Meaning, when i pull up the "add room" menu, it lists the other possible zones that I can add to the currently playing zone.

With the Sonos, I am able to listen to it in any zone independently, but I am unable to "add room" to the currently playing zone.  When i pull up the "add room" menu, there are no other zones listed.  However, if I change location to another room, and then start to 'listen' to the Sonos in that zone as well, it will work.  Then when going to the now playing zone list, both will be shown.

I have attached a couple of screenshots of the phone app showing the difference in the "Add room" screens between the two sources.

Does anybody have any ideas what can be done to correct the setup with the Sonos?

post-127007-0-64858400-1431538228_thumb.

post-127007-0-83135200-1431538235_thumb.

Archived