C4 Forums | Control4

HDBASET Box linking issues

I have been having issues with one of my zone picture flickering off and on for several months, then after a while is completely stop showing the picture all together.  I ran a new cat 5 thinking electrical interference to no avail.  I have tried plugging the TV into another outlet and the hdbaset power into a separate outlet, still nothing is working.  I have noticed that I can get it to link, but when I connect my hdmi cable, it immediately disconnects again.  I have tried several hdmi cables. I have also tried a new hdbaset box as well, didn’t work.  I have tried running shielded cat6a cable and this did not work either.  The cat 6a cable would never link period which I found extremely odd.  I am at a lost and this is the only zone in my house that I am have these issues with. Can someone please offer some advice or helpful remedies that you may have encountered while using your control 4 system.

Thanks

I just want to make sure I have exhausted everything I can do before calling him.  It is the weirdest thing, the box connects when HDMI cable out, as soon as I plug the HDMI cable into the TV, it disconnects. I am so frustrated at this point.  What could be going wrong here?

ok I have another wire ran to this zone. Cat 6a 550mhz snagless sheilded (SSTP/SFTP).  Any reason why this type of wire would not make the connection to the HDBASET receiver? Should this wire work?  Is there anything that needs to be done in the programming to get this wire to link?

Archived