C4 Forums | Control4

Network jack not working

Hi All,

I went to use my Control4 last night and noticed it was off. So, I reset it and everything came back up but notice the MC is not seeing the network. I have reset it, reset my cable modem/router and I cannot see the MC. I have a network cable tester and it shows the line is good.

Any suggestions on how I can get this working? I do see an occasional green blink even when the network cable is not plugged in.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Paul

I know that it's setup for Dynamic and I can ping it. When I go to the C4 screen - click on INFO, it tells me that it's on 127.0.0.1. As you can tell, it's definitely not the correct IP. Any ideas on how to get that back? I only have the Composer ME software.

Thanks for any help!

127.0.0.1 is a reference to localhost. That is the correct ip. If you ping that address from any computer it's going to ping itself.

Does Composer ME have system manager? Actually now that I think of it, when you load Composer ME and you go to connect to director on local network, it should show the IP address of the box there.

No, it doesn't see it in ME. It just shows blank. The IP should be along the lines of 192.168.1.xxx. I even tried adding it as another controller through the CONFIG screen on the Media Controller but that didn't work.

Thanks, I tried that but no dice. I didn't know if anyone had any ideas as to see if the network jack on the controller went bad or not. I know that I can use that cord and connect to my router easily but when I attempt to use it on the Control 4, it won't work. It just has that occasional "green blink".

Archived