C4 Forums | Control4

Guess when 1.6 gets released

One other wierd thing is my contact relay ext has to be hard wired and id'ed with IP in order to get the latest firmware.

Contact/Relay extenders have *always* required to be on IP to be updated.

RyanE

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Ryan, what is your favorite 1.6 feature that you mentioned a while back but could not disclose? Zones interface? Announcement agent? New music interface?

Also, has 1.6.0 started to roll to customers? What's the release number and is there a follow-on bug-fix release coming right on the heels as with past releases. I am trying to figure out when to call my dealer.

Woohooo! 1.6! DriverWorks! LuaLuaLua! :):) Maybe I now can create drivers for my cheap mikroElektronika relay/sensor boards :) $159 for 16 in & 16 out ..and ethernet + a few dollars for a psu and a decent casing :D

*reading sdk docs*

So how to update the HC-500 with 1.6? Is this only a dealer item or can customers d/l & install...

I can run Composer 1.6 which now sees my HC-500 however, since the hc-500 is only @ 1.3.2 it will not communicate...

Thanks

So how to update the HC-500 with 1.6? Is this only a dealer item or can customers d/l & install...

I can run Composer 1.6 which now sees my HC-500 however, since the hc-500 is only @ 1.3.2 it will not communicate...

Thanks

Steve do you have ComposerPRO? or HE? If you have PRO you need to update your system by downloading the update in ComposerPRO. It will update your HC500 to the 1.6 version when you do the update. If you dont have a version of PRO then you have to have your dealer update your sytem to 1.6.

I have an older version of ComposerPRO and I downloaded 1.6, my system works great!! I am still waiting on my dealer to get me 1.6 HE, so I can edit some things...... Do NOT use an older version of ComposerPRO to edit or change anything in your system.........or you will be an unhappy camper!!

I can run Composer 1.6 which now sees my HC-500 however' date=' since the hc-500 is only @ 1.3.2 it will not communicate...

Thanks[/quote']

Steve do you have ComposerPRO? or HE? If you have PRO you need to update your system by downloading the update in ComposerPRO. It will update your HC500 to the 1.6 version when you do the update. If you dont have a version of PRO then you have to have your dealer update your sytem to 1.6.

I have an older version of ComposerPRO and I downloaded 1.6, my system works great!! I am still waiting on my dealer to get me 1.6 HE, so I can edit some things...... Do NOT use an older version of ComposerPRO to edit or change anything in your system.........or you will be an unhappy camper!!

Thanks. unfortunately i only have HE. The 1.6 version is the only one that works for me...

So I guess wait for dealer...

I can run Composer 1.6 which now sees my HC-500 however' date=' since the hc-500 is only @ 1.3.2 it will not communicate...

Thanks[/quote']

Thanks. unfortunately i only have HE. The 1.6 version is the only one that works for me...

So I guess wait for dealer...

Your dealer should be able to log into your system now.....and update this remotly. It only shold take less then an hour.......If the dealer is not responding fast enough......ask here and one of the dealers here might do it for you.......for a small fee /smile

Although the update to your controllers and touchpanels should take about an hour, remember that if you have a lot of Zigbee devices, you can count on each of them taking 3-10 minutes to update, doing 2 at a time to not swamp the Zigbee network.

While this updating is happening, the system will be a bit sluggish responding to remotes, etc.

And my top 5 favorite features (in order) are:

1) The DriverWorks SDK. I'm a driver guy.

2) User-level Timers (Timer Variable Agent)

3) Navigator Popups (and the popup functionality of the Announcement Agent)

4) Audio Zones page on Navigators

5) Rhapsody.

RyanE

My biggest problem with Control4 (mine is HC-500) is not allowing the flexibility to the user... If I update my network I have to call the dealer back!!?? I cannot change the network security myself... this is just anoying to me... Just seems strange that this capability is only avail in the Composer Pro....

Just my 2 cents.

Does anyone have the proper firmware numbers for all the devices. It appears that some of my zigbee devices changed, but others did not.

After my upgrade to 1.6, my thermostats all needed to be re-connected, but I don't think the firmware model number changed. Also, the LEDs on my 6 button keypads are all screwed up now!

Thanks. Joe

Although the update to your controllers and touchpanels should take about an hour, remember that if you have a lot of Zigbee devices, you can count on each of them taking 3-10 minutes to update, doing 2 at a time to not swamp the Zigbee network.

While this updating is happening, the system will be a bit sluggish responding to remotes, etc.

And my top 5 favorite features (in order) are:

1) The DriverWorks SDK. I'm a driver guy.

2) User-level Timers (Timer Variable Agent)

3) Navigator Popups (and the popup functionality of the Announcement Agent)

4) Audio Zones page on Navigators

5) Rhapsody.

RyanE

Very interesting perspective Ryan....thanks for sharing.

Still waiting on my dealer for the upgrade but I'm curious if all of your media survives the update or do you have to rescan everything back in?

No rescaning is needed........BUT with the new idtags its a good idea ..........I rescaned my ipod and my media controler, much more info was added to the albums and songs. Took about 3 min with over 1000 songs+.

also, it appears the vista media issue is NOT fixed. I can only copy about 3 mp3's at a time. 4 or more and it's the same old "not enough space" message.....lame......or I should say HALF fixed...

Neil......one more thing. If I were you..........I would stay away from VISTA , it is still unstable.....!!! /smile

Go back to Windows XP.

I think this might fix some of your other problems!!

One other wierd thing is my contact relay ext has to be hard wired and id'ed with IP in order to get the latest firmware.

RyanE

Ryan, i finally gave in and ran cat6 to the relay extender, but i had this running fine on zigbee b4. It doesn't seem to want to update its firmware. It's had an IP connection for at least 72 hrs now (and works fine). IT does not show up in sys mgr or the update gui. (not sure its supposed to) I'm assuming if i wanted to get this id'ed back using zigbee instead if using a hard wire and IP that the firmware has to change. Right now when trying to id using zigbee i get nada. (and yes Ip is "disconnected" when i do this)

any ideas? its not killing me since i have the cat 5 connected now, but for future installs I's like to know what i was doing wrong here.

firmware ver:

"00.03.02"

zigbee ver:

"00.02.03"

• 2 weeks later...

RyanE

Ryan' date=' i finally gave in and ran cat6 to the relay extender, but i had this running fine on zigbee b4. It doesn't seem to want to update its firmware. It's had an IP connection for at least 72 hrs now (and works fine). IT does not show up in sys mgr or the update gui. (not sure its supposed to) I'm assuming if i wanted to get this id'ed back using zigbee instead if using a hard wire and IP that the firmware has to change. Right now when trying to id using zigbee i get nada. (and yes Ip is "disconnected" when i do this)

any ideas? its not killing me since i have the cat 5 connected now, but for future installs I's like to know what i was doing wrong here.

firmware ver:

"00.03.02"

zigbee ver:

"00.02.03"[/quote']

I have the same issue.

Pulled the extender out of the closet brand new. Connected via IP and cannot get an update for it.

Reset your controllers and re-id the unit via ip...It will only update via ip, not zigbee....reset and re-id will usually fix this...I have SEEN this work, so there's no bs rain dance off/on suggestions coming at you.

Neil

it's not your network.

Archived