C4 Forums | Control4

Audio Announcement won't play

After having to wipe my PC and start over, the Audio Announcements aren't working.

I reloaded the HE software and restored from back-up.

The only feature not working is the Audio Announcement.  All other features of the announcement is working and the .wav file plays and is valid.  But, it won't play when I test or activate the announcement.  The rooms and volume levels are set.  The destination folder is fully shared.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Well I wouldn't recommend you do this to be honest - really not something I can recommend doing DIY (you WILL lose your project!)

Is there anything I can try - or am I stuck making a service call?

I've rebooted the controllers, hoping to reconnect if there was an issue where that's concerned.  Everything worked prior to my software reload and computer wiping.  

I thought maybe there is IP issue.  The fact that I had a password protection before and do not have that now.

Thanks for your help.

I'm scratching my head in wonder to be honest - You loading HE on a computer should have no affect on the system directly as such.

Just to clarify, did announcements that used to work, without you going in and changing things, stop working - or are new announcements not working

I'm scratching my head in wonder to be honest - You loading HE on a computer should have no affect on the system directly as such.

Just to clarify, did announcements that used to work, without you going in and changing things, stop working - or are new announcements not working

Sorry - perhaps this will help.  When I loaded HE, I mistakenly downloaded a newer version than what I previously had.  As such, I received these errors:

"The composer portion of the driver for 'eSATA File Storage' failed to initialize. Some functions ..."

"The composer portion of the driver for 'Home Controller C250' failed to initialize. Some functions ..."

"The composer portion of the driver for 'Tunein' failed to initialize. Some functions ..."

I uninstalled the newer version and went back to the correct one.  I stopped getting these errors.

Yes - announcements that used to work, no longer work.  As well as new announcements.

Hmm. I wonder if, somehow, the newer version corrupted the project, or at least some files on the controller.

Or, perhaps - did you by chance use 2.8? If so , another possibility is that the audio server/client setting got messed up.

What version is your system on? Nevermind you mentioned the hc250 error which means pre 2.4.....

I'm sorry to say that I'm out of ideas - you may have to try and get ahold of your dealer to have a look.

Archived