C4 Forums | Control4

Light sensor issue in configurable Keypad

Good Evening,

I am currently working on a house with panelized lighting. there is a bedroom that has 3 configurable keypads, all of them going through the same BUS wire coming from the gateway. aside from the lighting controls, the keypads have been set up to:

• Dim down and turn off their button backlight (they are engraved) when there is high lighting levels in the room
  • Turn on and dim up when in low light levels, to help the customer read what the keypad says.

the problem is that one of these 3 keypads does not respond to any given backlight programming, and it turns off when in low light. at first, there were two keypads malfunctioning like this, but one of them was replaced with another one and the problem stopped. the other one, however, maintains the problem here is what we have tried so far:

• tried replacing the faulty keypad with one that is tested and know to work accurately from another room. the removed keypad started working correctly in the other room, whereas the one brought to the bedroom continued with the same issue.
  • blocked the light sensor with an object to ensure that the lighting readings were accurate. upon reaching value 0 or near, the sensor started providing random values.
  • took the keypad out and checked the wiring and connection status. all was good and there was no issue here
  • Tried forcing de backlight behaviors via composer configuration and programming, no luck

what could be the problem in this bedroom? how can i fix it? i thought of having this keypad (via programming) check the light sensor in any of the other working keypads and make the changes accordingly, but i don't know how to make one keypad check another keypad's light sensor.

Thanks

Archived