C4 Forums | Control4

Playing spotify playlist when button pressed (via Sonos)

Lowioenfslk

Before the update I was able to save a playlist as a favorite and then program the favorite to a button associated with a keypad in a given room.  Now I can't find a way to make my bedroom keypad play anything predetermined on spotify via sonos.  Anybody have any suggestions?  If possible, can I put it on a loop?  My wife and I use brown noise at night for sleep, which is why we need the infinite loop.

What version of iOS? Version of Sonos? 8.0.6? If you go under the Programming tab and select the button you want to program, then go to the playlist sonos driver, do you see the playlist as an option?

This was changed a little while back (has to do with the driver, not C4 operating system update.

Not sure on details, but apparently it caused some problems in the background the way it was. So it was changed to how it was described above, you program it directly from the driver.

I meant the iOS on the control4 system. Either way you have the correct Sonos driver. In composer if you search the Sonos driver you will see drivers for everything Sonos offers. One of them is playlist. Bring that into your project and then you can program your playlist.

That's a double edge sword. But as many manufacturers have done, you need to be a dealer to access this software. It helps cut down on on a lot of unauthorized sales and attempted service. This then excessive warranty repairs from incorrect installation and service.

With that aside, your original dealer should be able to drop this in and program accordingly remotely.

Yeah, when he gets around to it.  I just feel like this isn't rocket science and anybody with some tech experience could add drivers, etc.  How would I be able to test a driver if I wanted to write one?  Just seems overly constricting.  Regardless, I appreciate your help and input.

As a software developer who paid a shit ton to get this installed, I think I should be allowed to play with my own system at my own risk.  No?

As a person who has free access to such information - you could have know you cannot in advance.

So no, you shouldn't. Being a software developer means nothing. You could be the half brother to, and actual genius behind, both Bill Gates and Steve Jobs, and you'd still have no more (or less) 'right' to it.

That may sounds harsh, it isn't intended as such or certainly not as an attack, but that is the simple fact of it.

You're free to agree or disagree with the concept of a dealer based system - just as much as you are free to use the product or not.

Once you meet the requirements of becoming a dealer, so the startup purchase of several thousand dollars, go to one of the training centers for several days and become certified, you get software to create as many drivers as you would like. Just being honest about it. It is not an "easy" process for a company to become a dealer. If you want to go with a Controlling system for your A/V hear, 99% of them will all be like this. The cheaper and less reliable systems make it easier and have less features and capabilities.

I hope I helped...

Archived