C4 Forums | Control4

Fireplace CardAccess wireless relay help

Nwills

1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

I think the x4

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

X4 is currently wired to an actual ON/OFF switch. When it is turned ON the fireplace stays OFF until I use the RF remote to turn it ON. The switch itself doesn't turn ON the fireplace, it simply cuts power to the control unit rendering the remote useless.

1 hour ago, funnyfarm299 said:

Is there a model number or manufacturer name anywhere on it?

I Believe it's a Proflame 2 control unit. 

On February 18, 2016 at 0:46 AM, funnyfarm299 said:

I've been trying to find a manual for this all day. I don't think it's anywhere on the internet. You're probably going to have to contact the manufacturer and request the installation manual or ask them where to wire a contact in.

I have a manual but it is very limited. Couldn't find any info on where to wire a contact in. I guess I'll have to keep searching for a solution to get it tied into my C4 system. 

Thanks anyway!

I have a manual but it is very limited. Couldn't find any info on where to wire a contact in. I guess I'll have to keep searching for a solution to get it tied into my C4 system. 

Thanks anyway!

Do you have the owner's manual or installer's manual? Products like this typically have two separate ones.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Using Google Image search of your picture I found this : http://glass-stove-parts-farming-more.myshopify.com/products/proflame-2-gas-fireplace-stove-control-module-basic-gsb-250-02664

Then I googled Control Module Basic GSB # 250-02664 installation manual and found: http://travisdealer.com/technicalnotices/greensmart2_ts_guide.pdf

If you look down there is a spot that talks about the Main Burner Switch – (250-02013) and that it is "discarded when upgrading to rf remote".

Now just have to figure out where that Main Burner Switch is supposed to be plugged in.........

If you look close to the document i found the Main Burner Switch has a Green and White (more grey than white) and if you zoom in on the  Base Integrated Fireplace Control (IFC) (250-02664) you can see there are colored leads for some type of wiring diagram. If I had to guess I would say you are going to use 

X1 Left two terminals of the three. Ground and N.

Using a Card Access Relay you can use C and NO (I would use NO in case you have a power failure the relay wont open) and hook to that.

Let us know if that works.

1 hour ago, adamt said:

If you look close to the document i found the Main Burner Switch has a Green and White (more grey than white) and if you zoom in on the  Base Integrated Fireplace Control (IFC) (250-02664) you can see there are colored leads for some type of wiring diagram. If I had to guess I would say you are going to use 

X1 Left two terminals of the three. Ground and N.

Using a Card Access Relay you can use C and NO (I would use NO in case you have a power failure the relay wont open) and hook to that.

Let us know if that works.

X1 left two terminals of the three are currently wired into a cable that is connected to a standard power outlet. It looks like this is where the control unit is getting its power. 

Archived