C4 Forums | Control4

1.6 being installed tomorrow (Friday 8/15)

Honestly, on paper, 1.6 stands to be a really great addition to an already great product line...However, in practice, I personally think that 1.6 should have been postponed untill some of the major bugs were resolved...I personally wish that I could go back to 1.3 and would have waited untill 1.6 was more stable...But what I have experienced with 1.6 other than the bugs has been great. The announcement agent is sweet, rhapsody is way cooler than I thought it would be, and driver works will blow the doors open for alot of cool drivers to be made...It's seems that 1.6 allows more of an "artistic touch" to be used instead of being so generic. But yeah, 1.6 will be awesome when they get the bugs worked out. Hope that helps.

Neil

It went fine - took about 1 hour and 45 minutes. They found a speaker in my bathroom that was not working. Turned out to be a bad cable and they made a new one. Unlike a lot of posts, I have not had any problems. Things seem to be working as quick as before? I have my fingers crossed it will continue. I have not played with my music yet (about 12,000 songs), but I have a bbq this weekend so it will get plenty of work.

Archived